Wednesday, September 30, 2015

God is My Salvation

Another week has gone by and it's already time for another Word Art Wednesday challenge. This week we're looking at Isaiah 12:2 which says, "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation." It only takes a small look around our society to see many things that could cause us to be fearful. However, when we remember that the Lord is our salvation, we don't need to be afraid. My husband (a pastor) often remarks that we're quick to trust the Lord for our salvation and eternal Home in Heaven and yet we don't trust Him to help us in the day-to-day struggles of life. When he puts it that way, our lack of trust sounds so silly. God is our Source of salvation. It's through Him that we can have eternal life. Therefore, we can trust Him and not be afraid. This will lead to our resting in Him for strength and being able to have a song in our hearts even when life is difficult. In this way, not only does He provide salvation to our souls for eternity but He also provides salvation (protection from harm) in our daily lives.


One of our fantastic sponsors this week is Lawn Fawn. After using Distress Inks for some ink blending on white cardstock, I used their Woodgrain Backdrops stamp with some brown dye ink to make the background panel of today's card. I then turned this background into a shaker card to showcase today's focus verse. An adorable little bird was colored with Copics and fussy cut before being popped up on the background panel. A few sequins finish it off.


This view shows a little peek at the interior decorating. I really like the way this woodgrain background turned out and wanted to carry the theme to the inside.


The shaker was filled with some great metallic sequins with a few white ones thrown into the mix for added interest.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Creativity Inc. (Mink)
Stamps: WORDart by Karen (Isaiah 12:2), Lawn Fawn (Woodgrain Backdrops clear stamp set), Deedee's Digis (Little Birdie digi set)
Inks: Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain), Memento Dye Ink (Rich Cocoa)
Copics: E25, 29, 31, 33, 35, 37; YR07; YG03, 05; Y11, 13, 15, 17, 38; B21, 23, 26; N3; 100; Colorless Blender
Tools/Embellishments: Spellbinders dies (Circles Large), Sequins (The Paper Studio, Darice Iridescent, V's Sweet Ideas Hologram Star, Pretty Pink Posh Marshmallow)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Eureka Stamps Challenge #160 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes
Crop Stop Linky #8 - Use something found in the Crop Stop store (Memento ink, Distress Inks)
Papertake Weekly - Take Your Pick (I used the Product Theme of Distress Inks - I used 3)
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes
V's Sweet Ideas Challenge #38 - Favorite Technique (making my own backgrounds with inks and stamps)
Scrapbook Blessings Club - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist of Your Favorite Technique (making my own backgrounds with stamps and inks)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

My husband and I are closing on a house today (our first in over 30 years of marriage - can you say excited?!). So, the next few weeks are going to be filled with packing, moving and getting settled. I'll be taking a few weeks off but my good friend, Tamara Dixon, is going to be filling in for me at Word Art Wednesday. On Splitcoaststampers she is lovesheltercats and you can find her gallery here. Please be sure to stop by and leave her some love.

I also wanted to let you know that Deedee's Digis will be celebrating World Card Making Day this Saturday, Oct. 3rd with a challenge (you'll have 2 weeks to participate). There are free digis to be won so why not play along?  See the blog on Saturday for full details.



Thanks for visiting with me today. I have a few cards I haven't shared with you yet that I'm hoping to post during my Moving Break. Thanks for visiting with me and I hope you'll come back soon.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Fabulous card, Stephanie! A beautiful post full of truth!
All the best with your exciting move!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! :o)

Cindy said...

Cute shaker card. Thanks for sharing with us at SBC.

Karen Letchworth said...

I absolutely fell in LOVE with this card from the moment I first saw it. I'm grateful that you used a sponsor stamp, that's AMAZING. I also love the little window with the sequins, and I love the scripture in there. This is stunning, and such a great showcase of your amazing talents. I am so blessed to have you on this team.
Have a blessed week,
Karen

Renata said...

Zelo lepa!

Cynthia said...

This is precious, Stephanie. Gorgeous coloring of this sweet digi and woodgrain background. I really need to give the shaker card technique a try! Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Eureka Stamps this week!

Mandy said...

Wonderful shaker card Stephanie! The image is super cute & the colours are so striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a beautiful shaker card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...