Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Know Ye That the Lord He is God

This week's focus verse at Word Art Wednesday is Psalm 100:3, "Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is He that hath made us and not we ourselves; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture."   This verse was chosen weeks if not months ago to be used on this particular week.  However, the Lord knew that this reminder would be very good for me this exact week.  A good friend found out she had cancer two weeks ago but the doctor thought he'd gotten it all during her surgery.  However, a follow-up visit this week revealed that the cancer was much more extensive than previously thought.  She's facing some pretty dark waters.  This verse is just the reminder I needed that the Lord is still in control.  This week's news did not take Him by surprise.  Because my friend has accepted Christ as her personal Savior, she's one of His people, one of His sheep.  Why is He allowing her to travel thru this dark valley?  I don't know.  But I know God can see all of the details that we can't see and that for reasons I definitely don't understand now, this is what is best.   I needed this reminder.  While yes, I am most certainly praying for healing for my friend, I'm also praying that she will experience the Lord's comfort, peace and strength in the days ahead like she never has before.



One of this week's sponsors is Deedee's Digis.  Deedee generously provided the design team with some digis to use.  I was able to play with the Bloom and Grow set.   When I saw the set, I knew I wanted a clean, feminine feel to my card. We are having special meetings at church this week so my crafting time was limited.  For that reason, I chose to use some of the pre-colored flowers included in the set.  I printed and then fussy cut 5 flowers and two extra 1/2 flowers so that I would have extra leaves.  I tucked an extra leaf behind the top flower and layered two flowers together for dimension.  In the bottom trio, an extra leaf was tucked behind the center flower.  All flowers were accented with a pearl center and some stickles.

Behind the flower is a die cut fancy tag that was cut in half.  Each half was adhered to the back of the sentiment oval and accented with more pearls. A shimmery, sheer ribbon was added behind the sentiment panel. The card base was die cut along the bottom edge. The back ground panel was embossed and then adhered to the card base.  A row of pearls hides the line where they join.  The centers of the flowers in the embossed panel are accented with more stickles. The interior is lined with a piece of yellow patterned paper that just peeks out behind the scalloped edge of the card.  The shimmery ribbon, the stickles and the pearls give this card a feminine and sparkly look.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey
Stamps:  WORDart by Karen, Deedee's Digis (Bloom & Grow)
Tools/Embellishments:  Spellbinders (Petite Ovals Large, Fancy Tags 3, M'bossabilities - Splendid B), pearls (Recollections, The Paper Studio, Queen & Company), Stickles (Star Dust), ribbon (Michael's)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown #166 - Clean & Simple
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #62 - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Chocolate Coffee & Cards Challenges #48 - Anything Goes (must be a card)
Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge #113 - Sparkle (bling or glitter - my card has lots of glittery via stickles)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you'll stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to see what the rest of the design team has made and to grab your free digi.

9 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great card thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

Tkat said...

beautiful card! :)

Diane Noble said...

Stephanie, this is perfectly lovely. Such an elegant display of these sweet images. Love each touch of elegance. Have a blessed week! Diane

Heather said...

Such a pretty card Steph, a great design and colour scheme. Your embossing is fabulous and wonderful detailing!!

Thanks so much for joining us ag Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Chitra Nair said...

This is such a lovely card..
Thank you for sharing with us at CC&CC..

Natalie said...

Beautiful way to make the Scripture the focal point of the card. You've framed it out perfectly with the pretty digital flowers. Blessings!

CraftyGirl said...

Stunning card and wonderful scripture. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

Anonymous said...

Steph, I am always strengthened by reading your posts. You have such an amazing trust in the Lord, and I am thankful that He inspires me through you. I am praying hard for your friend, and we know that God will bring her through this like the good shepherd that He is. Your card is beautiful -- so very elegant!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card, Stephanie!!
I will pray for your friend as she goes through this valley! Thankful she knows the Lord!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...